This workshop aims at presenting a representative sample of research work towards the creation of surreal media and realistic 3D virtual environments in which virtual humans can interact remotely. The primary objective is to present and discuss key research issues related to the generation of surreal media and 3D cooperative virtual worlds. Key questions to be addressed in the workshop include:
- how can virtual worlds be coupled with live data streams?
- how do surreal media can be scaled up from single users to groups, communities or even globally networked environments?
- how can human performance be evaluated in terms of levels of expertise, strategies, and cognitive processes within the context of specific scenarios?
- how can security and privacy be enhanced in such systems?
- how can real-time interaction over heterogeneous network environments as the Internet be achieved?